PACS CBT Training
PACS IT Basics
Price: $ 525.00 Add to Cart
1. CD training courses are designed for PCs running Windows. They will not run on Apple computers running Mac OS.
2. Software is downloadable immediately after purchase and can be activated up to 3 times.
3. Since we cannot check whether or not you successfully completed a course, we will not provide a certificate of completion.
Product Code: UP-602cdr
This is a completely computer based training program which requires user interaction and can be followed using your own pace. It takes about 8 full hours to complete this course.
This course is geared towards professionals that have a primarily clinical or clerical background and need to acquire skills that allow them to function in a support role for medical imaging systems. You will get a basic understanding of IT concepts that are needed to support a medical imaging environment, in particular as used in a PACS system.What Are The Contents:
Note: There are no ARRT credits that can be applied to this course.
- Computer Basics
- Common computer components
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- CPU; purpose and performance impact
- Memory; parameters and performance impact
- Disk technology; parameters and performance impact
- Computer addressing; IP/MAC addresing
- Exchange media, tape, MOD< DVD, CD and flash
- Operating Systems
- Common OS and characteristics
- Learn basic UNIX prompts and commands
- Learn basic windows features, functions and how to change properties
- Access DOS prompts and learn basic commands
- Database Basics
- Database structure and purpose
- Identify types and characteristics
- Learn basic SQL commands to perform basic queries
- Instructor-guided hands-on exercises for SQL
- Data Representations
- Data representation purpose
- Binary and numeric data, including conversions
- Bits and Bytes and Hexadecimal numbers and conversions
- Signed and unsigned, and floating point
- Color and grayscale encodings (RGB, etc.)
- Networking Technology
- Network terminology and access connections
- Internet, domains, url, www, ftp and rfc's
- ISO seven layer model
- Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Packet and circuit switching
- Throughput parameters, level of service parameters
- Basic Security Concepts
- Security components and schemes
- Authentication methods
- Authorization functionality
- Confidentiality and algorithms
- Digital signatures for integrity
- Function of secure Keys
We also offer a PACS IT study guide and a package that includes this CBT and the study guide at a reduced price.
This course can be used to help you certified with the PACS Administrators Registry and Certification Association (PARCA). Click here for more infromation.